Instagram is the hottest social network right now, and it’s also the fastest growing social network. The opportunity for marketers, entrepreneurs is out of this world!!!
However, some take the route of buying followers which can make a negative impact on your account once instagram noticed that shady business. If you are going to do this, let’s do it in the manner where you really do have people interested in your post and genuinely liking your post.
There’s a way to build an audience on social media and there’s a way not to.This simple download is going to teach you how to grow your Instagram audience quickly without spamming and without spending money to buy “fake” followers. These are going to be real, specific followers that are going to want to hear what you have to say.
Those are the kind of followers you want because those followers become raving fans, and raving fans will buy from you!
Ready? Let’s do this!
- Decide who your target audience is. Who do you want to attract? What does your business offer to people. If you are in health and wellness do you want to focus on fit people, or sick people? If you are in music, do you want to focus on people who like rap music or country music?
- Once you know your target audience (ex: mom’s between the ages of 25-40 who have young children and love to organic items) you can drill down even more. What do they like? What brands do they like? What are they talking about? What is their biggest problem? For our example, mom’s between the ages of 25-40 who have young children and love to organic items, might be talking about natural diapers, or organic baby food. The more you can really think about what this group is talking about, the better.
- Add pictures to your profile. Before you start adding people or moving ahead to the next steps, you want to create a robust profile. Put up at least 20-30 pictures that will resonate with your audience and what you are trying to attract. I believe you should put pictures of your own life (if it’s congruent with your target audience) as well as other types of pictures that will go well for your audience.
- Use the full space on your Instagram profile. If you have a website, put the link there. Use all the characters in the description that are available to you. Use keywords or terms that your audience cares about. To stick to our example of mom’s between the ages of 25-40 who have young children and love to organic items, if you are a mom, put that there. If you have young children, put that there, if you love organic products, put that there! It’s also great if you can add at the very end a call to action for people to follow you on Instagram!
- Create a list of hashtag’s (#’s). Assuming you didn’t skip step 1 & 2, you should have a pretty good idea of who you are looking to attract. Now the way you do that is thru the use of hashtags (#’s). Create a list of #’s you want to use. I recommend having at least 10. For example, #organic #kids #mom #love #natural #babies etc.
- Use the Explore tab on your Instagram home page (see Picture #1). Type in the #’s that you want to search for posts on, and once you pull it up, you’ll want to click on the “List Feed” to save time and start finding people faster (see Picture #2)
- Once you’ve got all the recent posts up in the list feed, start “double tapping” on the pictures. In Instagram “double tapping” is how you “like” a picture. You’ll want to “double tap” 50-100 pictures a day. You can spread this out among all your list of hash tag’s. The more pictures you “double tap” on, the more people are going to start coming and checking you out.
- As you start to go through your hashtag’s on a daily basis, you’ll discover people that you’ll want to interact with. Leave a comment on their picture and be sure to “tag” them in the comment. “Tagging” in the comment is using their Instagram user name in the comment. A quick shortcut for that, is once you open the comment section, press and hold on their user name and it will pre-populate their name into the comment section!
- Engage with people who follow you and comment on your posts. In Instagram you’ll get more mileage by simply leaving comments like “thanks” or “cool picture”. By engaging with your growing following you’ll develop a reputation that you are real and present…something Instagrammers love!
- Be consistent. Have a posting schedule. Decide how often you’re going to put posts up on your Instagram account and be sure to spread it through the day. Set aside some time every day to go thru and explore the hash tag’s that are important to your audience and “double tap”
It is not what we get, but who we become, what we contribute … that gives meaning to our lives.— Tony RobbinsClick to tweet
That’s it, Simple and straightforward. If you are consistent with this process before you know it you’ll have hundreds and thousands of followers on Instagram.
I want to encourage you if you are building a personal brand and want to build your social media presence for the long haul, stay away from the quick “buying” followers. #1 you’ll waste your money because these profiles may or may not be real, and #2 most of them will end up unfollowing you anyway.
This strategy will give you long term success in the hottest growing social media platform in the world!